Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pet Shop Boys Get Electric in Toronto on September 25, 2013

Pet Shop Boys Live in Toronto on September 25, 2013

A few months ago, I attended the Pet Shop Boys concert during their stop in Toronto on their latest tour in support of their album Electric. I've seen the PSB a few times and I can honestly say that their shows just keep getting better and better. This time around, the show was definitely, Electric -- literally. The venue became a pumping and pulsating discotheque with Neil Tennant at the helm of the most electrifying stage show I had ever seen.


Pet Shop Boys Live in Toronto on September 25, 2013
Banks of lasers flooded the auditorium and the audience became dazzled and entranced by the PSB's stage show, infectious beats, rhythms and vocals. Upbeat hit after hit mixed with singles from their new album kept the crowd on its toes and we euphorically danced the evening away. Highlights of the show included the visually stunning light show, the fabulous costumes and outfits the boys wore, the arty and theatrical performances of the backup dancers, and hearing B-sides and non-singles like I Get Excited (You Get Excited Too), I'm Not Scared, and Fugitive. The PSB never fail to impress, and I can't wait to see them perform live again! Check out my pics and video from the show below...

Setlist
Axis
One More Chance / A Face Like That
Opportunities (Let's Make Lots of Money)
Memory of the Future
('New Single Mix' version)
Fugitive
Integral
Sample of "The Rite of Spring"
(Igor Stravinsky song)
I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind of Thing
Suburbia
I'm Not Scared
Fluorescent
West End Girls
Somewhere
(Leonard Bernstein cover)
Leaving
Thursday
Love Etc.
I Get Excited (You Get Excited Too)
Rent
Miracles
It's a Sin
Domino Dancing
Always on My Mind
(Brenda Lee cover)
Encore:
Go West
(Village People cover)
Vocal


    Pet Shop Boys Live in Toronto on September 25, 2013


    Pet Shop Boys Live in Toronto on September 25, 2013

    Pet Shop Boys Live in Toronto on September 25, 2013

    Pet Shop Boys Live in Toronto on September 25, 2013

    Pet Shop Boys Live in Toronto on September 25, 2013

    Pet Shop Boys Live in Toronto on September 25, 2013

    Pet Shop Boys Live in Toronto on September 25, 2013

    Pet Shop Boys Live in Toronto on September 25, 2013

    No comments: