Sunday, March 24, 2013

Rihanna Concert Videos and Setlist (Toronto: March 19, 2013)






Earlier this week, I attended my first Rihanna concert at the Air Canada Centre here in Toronto. I wasn't sure what to expect so I went without any expectations and to my delight -- I was completely blown away by her performance! Rihanna is a superstar and she is definitely one of the top female performers of the moment. She opened the show with Mother Mary, but it was the second song, Fresh Off the Runway, that truly set the tone for the evening with its killer beats, bass pumping riffs and Rihanna's stellar vocals. The crowd went wild to every beat of Fresh Off the Runway and Rihanna had us all begging for more. The evening was broken up in to a series of acts that each reflected one of her various musical styles, from hip hop-influenced tracks to reggae-styled songs to pop/dance hits and heart-wrenching ballads.


The highlights of the evening for me were seeing her perform the hits What's My Name?, Only Girl In the World, We Found Love, and Diamonds (see video above). Her looks throughout the night were edgy, sexy, and completely chic. And for a bit of extra drama, pyrotechnics lit up the stage at different points of the night and got the crowd even more fired up! The energy of the crowd was astounding and Rihanna kept us engaged by having us sing-along to our favourite songs and screaming for more. But before we knew it, the evening was over just as quickly as it began and another successful night of the Diamonds World Tour came to a close. If you ever get the chance to see Rihanna in concert, I highly recommend it -- you won't be disappointed! Check out my videos below and above for a glimpse at the concert.

 
Setlist

  1. Intro
  2. Mother Mary
  3. (Introduction)
  4. Fresh Off the Runway
  5. Birthday Cake
  6. Talk That Talk
  7. Pour It Up
  8. Cockiness (Love It)
  9. Numb
  10. You Da One
  11. Man Down
  12. No Love Allowed
  13. Rude Boy
  14. What's My Name?
  15. Jump
  16. Umbrella
  17. All of the Lights
  18. Rockstar 101
  19. What Now
  20. Loveeeeeee Song
  21. Love The Way You Lie (Part II) / Take a Bow / Cold Case Love
  22. Hate That I Love You
  23. We Found Love
  24. S&M / Only Girl (In the World) / Don't Stop the Music
  25. Where Have You Been
  26. Stay
  27. Diamonds 

No comments: