Saturday, February 2, 2013

Photos: Star Wars Identities - The Exhibition

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Earlier this year, I attended the Star Wars Identities exhibition at its final Canadian stop in Edmonton. I wasn't able to make it out to the exhibit's previous stop in Montreal, so I was overjoyed to see the show while I was visiting my family during the holidays.

The exhibit provides attendees with an in-depth look into the Star Wars universe and fans are given the opportunity to get up close and personal with props, costumes, models and storyboards from the original motion pictures. Visitors also have the opportunity to create their own Star Wars character by checking in to a variety of computer stations throughout the exhibit and answering a series of personality-related questions; the data collected is then used to develop the identity and back story of their personal character. As I walked through the exhibit, I felt like a kid in a Star Wars candy store as I traversed the various worlds seen in each installment of the movie franchise. The character creation process was comparable to a pick-your-own-adventure book from back in the day (yes, I'm totally dating myself - LOL) and I loved having the ability to develop my character's persona. In the end, the character I created (see below) was a Togruta Jedi Knight, aligned with the Rebel Alliance. Too cool right?!! Here is my character and his resulting background story based on the identity choices I made:


Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition

C2G (Male Togruta)

I was raised on the forest planet Kashyyyk, where members of my community made their living in tree house real estate. On holidays my best friend and I would traditionally go for a long peaceful walk through the forest.
My parents required discipline from me but gave me support when I needed it, and I inherited my strong set of creative abilities from them. Later on I spent some time with the great leader Padmé Amidala, whose guidance left me with knowledge I still use every day in my job as a Jedi Knight.
I remember this one time when I crash-landed on a strange planet. I didn't let this affect me too much, though; instead I became a successful trader of scrap metal and found a home among the Jawas.
People often tell me I’m a generally adventurous and curious person, I also tend to be organised and prepared. But the most important thing to me is benevolence: after all, helping is its own reward, as they say.
I have pretty strong powers with the Force; I guess that's why the Emperor came looking for me. When he offered me limitless power in exchange for my allegiance, I fought the urge to join him and his evil minions and rejected his offer.

I had a blast freeing my inner Star Wars nerd and I highly recommend checking out this exhibition if you get the chance. Check out my pics below to see some of the highlights from the exhibit -- enjoy!


Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
The entryway to the exhibit

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Storm Trooper costumes

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Laser gun

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Star Wars universe's alien races

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
More of the Star Wars universe's alien races

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
R2-D2

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Boba Fett

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
C-3PO

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Clone Wars Droid

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Tusken Raider

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Jawa

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Han Solo encased in carbonite

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Jabba the Hutt's eyes

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Jabba the Hutt

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Snow Speeder

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
At-At

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Yoda

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Chewbacca

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Jedi Knight

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Millennium Falcon

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Princess Leia's slave girl look

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Tie Fighter

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Rebel Alliance helmets

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Luke Skywalker

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Anakin Skywalker costume

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Padme Amidala costume

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Jedis and Siths

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Darth Maul

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Darth Vadar's mask

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
Darth Vadar

Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition
 Me at the exhibit!

No comments: