Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Giuliano Fujiwara Spring/Summer 2013

I was recently in NYC and had a profound discussion with a dear friend of mine over the state of men's fashion today. My friend, Jay, expressed how bored he was with the current state of menswear and argued that nothing visionary and fashion forward is really going on today in the world of men's fashion. Sadly, I tended to agree with his statements. Menswear has been quite trite and dry for a few seasons and I haven't seen anything mind-blowing in a while. That said, I've always been a fan of the avant-garde aesthetic and there are a few design ateliers that never fail to deliver. Giuliano Fujiwara's s/s 2013 menswear vision is a good indication of the direction that we'll be moving towards next year.
Sleek structured jackets, bold graphic printed shirts, lux fabrics and a nod to utilitarian dressing are all part of Fujiwara's menswear vision for the upcoming year. Subtle layering of neutral separates paired with pops of electric blue accessories add a modern edge to the overall look and feel of this collection. I'm a complete sucker for edgy styling, so obviously--I love all of these looks.  I think the most exciting aspect of this collection for me is the fact that volume is slowly being reintroduced back into men's pants. The skinny silhouette will always have a place in my heart, but it's truly time to turn the volume up a notch. What do you think of Giuliano Fujiwara's s/s 2013 collection?
Images: Hypebeast

2 comments:

shadycuckoo8581 said...

I know a lot of good stuff, specially in british men fashion. the question is; why men on the street don't wear it?????

Fashion Allure said...

It's so unusual, looks gorgeous on you! Xx