Friday, August 19, 2011

Watch! Britney Spears Femme Fatale Tour Toronto 08/13/2011
























Last week, I attended my first Britney Spears concert during her stop here in Toronto on her Femme Fatale tour. I love all things "POP" and Britney is THE quintessential pop star and pop culture icon. So needless to say, when a ticket to her show came my way (thanks Ken!), I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see her perform live.

I was completely ambivalent because I've heard many stories about Britney's bad lip-synching and her lackadaisical dance performances, but to my delight, she totally BROUGHT it and gave a solid performance. I'm sure that she probably lip-synched 95% of the show, but the magical feeling of being in the presence of a true pop star made up for any short comings Ms. Spears may have had.

The story of the Femme Fatale tour was told through a series of video interludes starring Britney as a secret agent who thwarts a rival spy's every attempt to capture her. Her song and dance between each of the video clips was supposed to be like scenes in a film leading up to the finale where she ultimately succeeds in outwitting her antagonist and celebrating her victory by dancing 'til the world ends. Ah-mazing! Check out my videos above for more of what I saw, my apologies for the poor sound quality (that's what I get for taking my Sony Cybershot...).

No comments: