Monday, February 14, 2011

Y-3 Spring/Summer 2011 Ad Campaign Film


I just discovered this new ad campaign film for Y-3's Spring/Summer collection. At first glance, I thought Justin Timberlake was cast in this commercial, but as the film progressed I realized that it wasn't him. The styling and look of this film short is inspired by Yohji Yamamoto's love for rock'n roll and the dark energy that's behind it. I can totally see the edgy rocker direction that Yohji is moving towards in this video and I LOVE it!

Naturally, I want all of the pieces seen in this video and I'm loving each of the looks. My favourite look (if I had to pick just one ;-) is at 0:14 with the vest over the tank top and shorts - GORGE!!! Yohji Yamamoto has grown this brand into a highly covet-able luxury staple and like fine wine -- it just gets better and better each season!

No comments: