Thursday, February 10, 2011

Video: X-Men: First Class Trailer


This is the official trailer for the newest movie in the X-Men film franchise, X-Men: First Class. I'm a huge X-Men fan and I liked all three of the other films, but this one seems a little underwhelming to me. It kind of feels like a film that the studio has put out just to ca$h in on the popularity of superhero films in popular culture at the moment.

There's a part of me that's starting to think superhero movies are over, due to the impending over saturation of fantastical hero movies in the movie viewing marketplace in the next few months and year to come (Green Lantern, Thor, and Captain America films are set to be released throughout 2011 and additional Batman, Spiderman, and Superman films are slated for 2012 releases). I'm sure I'll still end up at the 3-D release of this film (you know there will be a 3-D release ;-), but I guess time will tell if superhero inspired films still have the ability to pack a punch at the box office and reign $upreme.

No comments: