Sunday, February 20, 2011

Jeremy Scott for Linda Farrow Winged Sunglasses


Jeremy Scott has totally upped his fashion ante for spring/summer 2011. Earlier this week we learned of his collaboration with Swatch and here we have an eye wear offering from Jeremy and Linda Farrow. I totally get where this collaboration is going, as the wings are Jeremy Scott's iconic trademark, but I'm not sure who can really pull these off besides Lady Gaga, Kanye West, or Dame Edna. With that being said, I do appreciate the design and overall aesthetic of these sunglasses. Maybe it's just me, but I think they're more of a fashion art piece rather than a functional pair of sunglasses. Thoughts?

Image: Hypebeast

***UPDATE***
I just discovered these other pieces from this collaboration. They're super avante garde and in hindsight after looking at the collection, I think the winged sunglasses are definitely the most wearable. Have a look below...





Images: Highsnobiety

No comments: