Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tom Ford Full Frontal




Apparently sex still sells. I am not sure how I am feeling about the new ad campaign for Tom Ford which features overt male nudity and erotic sexuality. On the one hand, I applaud Tom Ford for being an equal opportunity manipulator and sexual exploiter by featuring full frontal male nudity, but in this day and age I'm not sure if the shock factor that is intended is really all that powerful. Perhaps I have just become desensitized to the concept of nudity for the sake of shock value and sales. Blame for my desensitization can be placed on today's paparazzi culture because after seeing Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, and Lindsay Lohan without their underwear I've pretty much seen it all, just as you probably have too. Regardless of the lack of an impact that this campaign has, artistically - the lighting and photo production is pristine and I am appreciative of the styling and vision invested in these images.

Yay to pretty pictures!!!

www.tomford.com

2 comments:

nancee said...

oh my goodness!

Paprika said...

It's interesting how you mentioned desensitization. In the top photo, I indeed noticed the nude male. However, the two nude females didn't even register a blip on my radar. Oh and women are not naturally that bald. :P